ABSTRACTED LANDSCAPE COURSE
with Chris Schneider
Sessions run on a request basis, please contact Chris if you are interested.
"I love creating landscapes and with my abstracted landscape course, I want to share this passion. You will use fluid art in an advanced way and learn to ‘pour with intention’. I will teach you to combine the wonderful paint effects you can achieve with fluid art into an abstracted landscape."
What is the course is about
Chris will show you how to create an abstracted landscape painting using flip cups. The course is aimed at people who have had experience in acrylic pouring and want to learn to create an abstracted landscape painting. The course is a full day course and you will create a small practice canvas and a larger 20cm x 50cm or a 30cm x 40cm canvas. The course will be a one-to-one session however Chris is happy to run the course for two friends.
What does the course cover
• The theory behind abstracted landscapes
• The consistency needed for your paints
• How to flip and drag your cups
• How to layer your cups
• Colour theory
• Mixing custom colours
• Deconstructing a photo to create a painting
• In the morning, Chris will cover the above information.
• You will practise creating skies on a small canvas.
• Chris will create a small landscape painting which you will then create.
• We will then break for lunch which you will need to bring yourself.
• In the afternoon, Chris will cover how to deconstruct a photograph.
• Based on a photo you have chosen, you will then create your large painting mixing custom colours if needed.
• Chris will provide all the canvases, paints and knowledge.
• Morning session from 10am – 12.30pm. Afternoon session from 1.30pm – 3pm.
• Cost is £150 per person with a maximum of two people per session. Price includes all materials. Chris will supply tea and coffee but please bring your own lunch.
• To book a session you will need to pay the full cost of the course by bank transfer.
• If using a voucher please register your voucher via email supplying details of the voucher number and issue date.
• All cancellations must be made at least one week before the course date and you will be able to book an alternative session.
• If your cancellation is made within six days of the course date, it is up to the discretion of Chris whether to rebook.
• On the rare occasion Chris may have to cancel a course, she will aim to let you have at least 24 hours notice. Chris will transfer your booking to another course date.
• Chris has public liability insurance which covers all workshops.
• Ideally you should have some experience in acrylic pouring.
If you have been already on a criSam session, you will be able to attend this course.
• Sessions will be run in Buxted, East Sussex TN22 4JW.
For the session
• Chris will be supplying tea, coffee and biscuits. Don't forget to bring your own lunch.
• Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on and please bring an apron.
• Please bring a note book so you can take notes.
• Chris will provide gloves, paints and canvases.
These sessions will run on a bespoke nature and are arranged on a request basis.
Chris prefers to run the course on weekdays however she can also run the course on weekends.
To enquire about session availability, please email Chris.
Chris sells gift vouchers for her Abstracted Landscape course and are valid for a year.
Please look at Chris' Voucher page for more information.